I am home, finally - after a wonderful last leg that began with walking out of Navarrete back to Logrono; and then busing and flying and driving in various combinations onto Madrid, Melbourne, Canberra, and Mollymook.
 |
St Michael’ s market in Madrid was a welcoming first stop.
|
 |
The atmosphere was vibrant!
|
 |
Later I popped into the San Gines Chocalateria.
|
To be served chocolate ice cream by white jacketed staff. Delicious!
 |
Back to the Plaza Mayor.
|
 |
Where the World Cup celebrations are ubiquitous.
|
 |
The rooftop of The Hat was ‘peaceful as can be, and there the world below don’t bother me’ 🎵 It is a favourite place to stay. |
 |
Sightseeing on the last day. I went on a guided walk. Galileo was responsible for the engineering of this statue of King Phillip on his rearing horse. |
A shower, change and pack at The Hat.
And off to Madrid airport and onto the plane.to Melbourne via Dubai.
 |
Some 24 hours later I arrived in Melbourne and took the airport bus to the city. |
It was early morning. I was grateful for breakfast served at a cafe with a South American vibe where the staff spoke Spanish. Gracias!
 |
That night I enjoyed a steak at a favourite pub in Fitzroy. |
 |
Next morning I went for a swim at Fitzroy pool. It was an ‘aqua profonda’ experience.
That evening I reunited with family and we went to watch Collingwood play at the MCG - the other form of pilgrimage in my life.
The pregame lighting and fireworks were spectacular, unlike the outcome of the game 🙄. |
|
|
 |
Next day I traveled to Canberra and reunited with more family, bearing gifts . It was a joy!
|
 |
One more bus trip - from Canberra to Batemans Bay via Clyde mountain.
|
 | Where I was met by a good friend, and driven to Mollymook, picked up my car from Rog - thanks mate, and drove by the ocean.
Almost three months away, I was home. Thank you - I am grateful to each and everyone. Buen Camino! |
|
|
Comments
Post a Comment