Santa Marta to Rio Negra - Take a walk on the cool side


Early rising, occasional torch, awakening dawn and cool green morning scenery - all done by 2pm. Not all Camino days are like this. 
Coffee, filtered last night and microwaved this morning, was breakfast. It was enough. Last night, I shared the albergue with Andrea from Asturias. We made the best of what we had and what was in the albergue pantry. No open bars or nearby grocery stores late yesterday. Amazing what you can do with what little you have sometimes.
The lights were on, but no one (except probably Jesus and Santiago) was home at the local church when I walked out.
Hardly a sound as I glanced between the path, my phone light and navigation, and wayside arrows. I was floating in the predawn, by plantation forests 
and mirror reflections . . .
Sunrise over cornfields. I laugh and think that . . . this is Hispania - a.
Wildflowers by the roadside. 
Then I took a wrong turn and (almost) got lost.  The paths went everywhere. All I could do was head uphill and look for the road.
Dam ahead - this walk just keeps getting better.
Along the dam wall and left around the lake shore.
After a late morning stop, Andrea walked on . . .
I decided to stay in Rio Negro. I remembered the approach and the albergue from when I was here in 2017.
I think I am the only person so far.
How good. It is mid afternoon. I  am at the tapas bar next door and they have a selection of classic FM music playing -  Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy. . .
Another walking day tomorrow- I feel like I am beginning to close in on Santiago.

Comments

  1. Nice bit of Australiana in your music references DC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Santa Irene to Santiago - Made it!

Salinas to San Esteban - Washed by the rain